The Foresight Sports GC2 Launch Monitor is a highly advanced device used by golfers to measure and analyze various aspects of their golf swing, including ball speed, spin rate, launch angle, and distance. The GC2 uses high-speed cameras to capture images of the golf ball as it is struck, and then analyzes the data to provide detailed feedback on each shot.
One of the unique features of the GC2 is its ability to be used both indoors and outdoors, making it a versatile tool for golfers looking to improve their game year-round. The device is also portable and easy to set up, making it a popular choice for golfers who want to practice at home or on the go.
The GC2 can be used on its own or with additional accessories, such as a hitting mat or simulator screen, to create a complete golf training system. It is also compatible with various golf simulation software programs, allowing users to play virtual rounds of golf on their computer or mobile device.
Overall, the Foresight Sports GC2 Launch Monitor is a powerful and reliable tool for golfers looking to improve their game and gain a deeper understanding of their swing mechanics.
Certified Pre-Owned GC2 Golf Launch Monitor with FSX Software
Practice or play in any environment with the industry’s all-time best selling launch monitor, the GC2.
With quick and easy setup, verifiable accuracy, all in one simplicity, and indoor to outdoor flexibility, the GC2 delivers an unrivaled level of accuracy and precision.
With features like high-resolution cameras that can capture up to 10,000 frames per second to state of the art image processing for extremely reliable ball data, the GC2 is second to none.
For complete golf simulator packages built around the GC2, be sure to check out ourSkyTrak Golf Simulator Flex Space and SIG12 packages.
What’s Included With Purchase
- GC2 launch monitor
- FSX 2020 Software
- Power cord & cable
- USB cable
- 1-year warranty
Foresight GC2 Features
- Quick and easy setup
- Comprehensive data at your fingertips
- Incredible accuracy and ease of use
- Indoor and outdoor flexibility
- Great for club fitting
What Makes The GC2 Right For You
With a patented on screen golf ball identification system and self leveling accelerometer, the GC2 redefines simplicity. No calibration. No marked balls. Out of the bag the GC2 can be set up and ready to go in less than a minute.
At the heart of the GC2 is a stereoscopic system that precisely captures and analyzes ball characteristics at the most critical point of measurement, club impact, to deliver the most accurate values of ball performance available today.
All In One Simplicity
As a launch monitor, the GC2’s large, outdoor readable LCD display and audio feature deliver ball performance data in real time, eliminating the need for a separate laptop or monitor to view your data. Plus the GC2 into a computer running simulation software and turn virtually any space in a performance driving golf simulator.
Use Indoors and Outdoors
No other launch monitor solution available today delivers the indoor/outdoor capabilities of the Foresight GC2. And unlike other solutions, the GC2 never compromises on accuracy. You can expect the same results outdoors as you would in a controlled environment indoors.
FSX 2020 Simulation Software
Experience the most realistic golf simulation ever with ProTee Aluminum Truss 2020. Play the best and most exclusive courses, practice your skills on the range, or even compete in skill-building competitions with players around the world – all in beautiful 4K resolution.
Packed with Features, Including:
- 5 Courses (Teton Pines, Broken Tree, Linfield National, Willow Crest and Bayou Golf & Fishing Club)
- Skills Challenge and Long Drive & Closest to the Pin Competitions
- Driving Range
- Club Fitting Software
- Foresight Sports’ Online Network
Foresight GC2 Optional Add-Ons
HMT Add-On (optional)
HMT (Head Measurement Technology) combines with the GC2 to precisely capture club head data with an ease and accuracy never before seen. With HMT, the comes comprehensive analysis fo a player’s swing and club head performance is now at your fingertips.
Instantly see critical data such as club head speed, horizontal club path, smash factor, dynamic loft, and lie – even impact location – with the same unmatched accuracy you’re used to in the GC2.
Foresight Sports GC2 Specs
- Technology: Stereoscopic high-speed camera system.
- Dimensions: 5.5″(w) x 10″(l) x 3″(h)
- Weight: 3.8 lbs / 1.7 kg
- Battery: 6 – 8 hour NiMH Rechargeable
- Data Interface: Bluetooth / USB
- Compatibility: Apple & Andriod
- Software Driver: GC2 Driver | 9.18Mb | All models
- GC2 User Manual
- FSX User Manual
- Click Here for additional info about the FSX Software
How to Play Video – Foresight Sports GC2 Launch Monitor
The GC2 is a professional-grade launch monitor that precisely measures ball performance metrics through a combination of a flash module and high-speed camera system.
At the time it was released, the GC2 was the most accurate, mobile and versatile golf analysis tool on the market.
The GC2 uses a stereoscopic camera system. Two high-speed cameras capture up to 10,000 frames per second at the moment of impact, building a virtual 3D model of the club and ball at impact and allowing for measurements that are direct, not calculated.
Because the GC2 has an on-screen golf ball identification system and self-leveling accelerometer technology, no marked balls or calibration is required to measure ball data. The GC2 can be used indoors or outdoors on any surface and with any shot.
Other features of the GC2 are:
- a large, outdoor-readable LCD display
- audio indicators
- real-time data delivery
- compatible with full golf simulation
The GC2 can do much more than just provide data readouts. It can also be hooked up to full golf simulation with Foresight Sports’ FSX 2020 and FSX Play software, the world-class E6 CONNECT software, Creative Golf 3D, and Golfisimo.
The GC2 weighs 4 lbs and is less than 10 inches long. Its portable design is designed for easy carrying in a golf bag.
HMT (Head Measurement Technology)
- HMT (Head Measurement Technology) add-on for the GC2
- HMT, which stands for Head Measurement Technology, is the major add-on that is available with the GC2.
- This unit basically rounds out the GC2 and captures club head data such as speed, path and lie, giving the user a comprehensive analysis of their swing near the moment of impact.
- The HMT delivers the same high level of accuracy that the GC2 does, also using a stereoscopic high-speed camera system for measuring data. Its simple design has a camera near the top and a camera near the bottom of the unit.
- The HMT only needs to be connected to the GC2 with a cable; no additional power source is required. Every club can be tracked, but position markers need to be applied to the club head in order for HMT to track properly.
Setting Up & Using The GC2
- Setup of the GC2 is quite easy and straightforward.
- The first thing you’ll need to do is open the unit. Extend the foot stand (below the LCD screen input buttons) until it comes to a stop, and rotate the top cover outward until it stops.
- You can optionally raise the display screen and deploy the wire stand behind it to keep it securely in place. This is usually recommended because it reduces glare outdoors and improves the viewing angle.
- Next, press the power button to turn on the GC2. It will go through its startup process, and the ball placement graphic will be displayed which indicates that the GC2 is ready to track a shot.
- It’s now that I recommend going through the system options and settings to make sure everything is set the way you want it.
- When you’re ready to hit shots, start by placing the GC2 approximately 20 inches from the hitting area. When set up behind the ball, the unit should be in front of you and a little bit off to the target side. See the graphic below for a visual (not to scale):
GC2 Launch Monitor Setup Diagram
- Note: You should try to make sure the GC2 is more or less level with the hitting surface. However, it doesn’t have to be perfect because it’s a self-leveling device.
- For a given placement of the GC2, there are two hitting zones to the left and right of the unit depending on whether you’re right or left-handed.
- The screen on the GC2 will display where the hitting zones are, and the LED indicator will tell you whether a ball is correctly placed inside the hitting zone. When a ball is correctly placed inside the hitting zone, the LED indicator will turn green and you’re ready to hit your shot.
- To set up the HMT unit with the GC2, you’ll first need to assemble a mounting arm that attaches underneath the GC2.
- The HMT is then attached to the mounting arm on the left side for right-handed golfers and the right side for left-handed golfers. The mounting arm will need to be reversed depending on which hand you play.
- To finish it off, the HMT and GC2 devices must be connected with the included HMT cable.
- If you’re capturing club data, you’ll need to apply club markers to your clubface; you may use a marker sheet for this.
- You can read the full quick start guide on setting up HMT here.
If you’re using the FSX software with the GC2, do the following:
Install and start the FSX software on PC (Windows 7 or later). Go into the FSX settings, go to Devices, and connect the GC2. Verify that the status for the device says “Connected”.
fully use the first charge on the GC2 prior to charging a flashing red light indicates that there’s no ball or the ball is outside the hitting zone
the flash unit is replaceable and should last for a couple years at a time avoid plugging in power cords, USB cables or accessories into the GC2 while it’s on don’t look directly at the device while the flash is in use store the GC2 in a cool, dust-free, dry environment the battery should be fully discharged and recharged at least once a month
For more details on operation of the GC2, it’s highly recommended that you read the user manual. Data Parameters & Accuracy
Foresight Sports GC2 Launch Monitor
The GC2 measures six ball data parameters on its own. They are:
- ball speed
- carry distance
- side spin
- horizontal & vertical launch angle
With the HMT add-on, an additional eight club parameters can be measured. Putting one marker on the clubface (1-Dot) will allow for:
- smash factor
- angle of attack
- club head speed
- club path
Putting four markers on the clubface (4-Dot) will allow for the above metrics plus:
- clubface impact location
- face angle
- loft & lie at impact
- closure rate
There’s still that all-important question: just how accurate is the GC2? The answer is extremely accurate, and it still holds up beautifully in today’s launch monitor market.
In fact, I haven’t really noticed any difference in accuracy compared to the more expensive GCQuad, which uses a quadrascopic camera system. This applies to both the ball data and club data when HMT is installed.
With that said, I do find that the GC2 is a little less consistent than the GCQuad in terms of misreads. In my testing, I found this difference to be more pronounced outdoors as opposed to indoors.
All things considered, the GC2 is almost as reliable as TrackMan when it comes to outdoor performance, while there is no obvious performance difference indoors.
The GC2 never missed a shot during my tests, but one thing I will say is this: it tends to overestimate carry distance on low-spin driver shots. This is a common occurrence with most launch monitors in the Foresight Sports GC line, but in my view, it’s not a big enough issue to influence the purchasing decision one way or the other.
What about the SkyTrak? Well, the SkyTrak puts up a really good fight and is about as accurate indoors, but it’s much less reliable and more prone to misreads.
In any case, you should consider the fact that top golf instructors such as Butch Harmon, Martin Hall and Michael Breed have relied on the GC2, as have Tour pros like Rickie Fowler. That right there should tell you a lot!
Happy with my GC2
The GC2 is great. Got the launch monitor a little after a week after I ordered. As far as I can tell it works like new.
Great Customer Service
I had lots of questions about which product was right for me. I had lots of conversations and always got to speak with a real live human. Shop Indoor Golf was great to work with.
I am really liking this GC2. Works well outside and inside and I wouldn’t have know it was pre-owned if the description didn’t say so. Happy to have saved some money and still got a great launch monitor.
Good launch monitor
This is a very good product. I just wish I could afford the GCQuad.
GC2A Golf Simulator
The item looks and works like brand new. It even came with a spare short term flash module. It did take just shy of two weeks to receive the unit but it was worth the wait.
It Never Misses A Beat
Just a very solid unit which I can depend upon when fitting golfers. Lacks data like measured swing speed and angle of attack.
Great golf Tool
Works, helping me gain yards with all my clubs but the putter. 🤣 App helps with spin rate and show extra information then the Device display. Glad I added this tool to my golfing practice..
Awesome product. Met all expectations
I really like the video feature. Also, the ability to draw lines superimposed on the video.
very accurate and price is acceptable level
Great for portability
Easy to use and easy to take with you
It is easy to use and works well indoors. It would be better if it provides information on the shot missing targets either to the right or left.